Planning travel over the weekend of january 24-27, 2020 – Major highway roadwork
Montreal, Thursday, January 23, 2020 — Mobility Montréal informs road users that major closures will be implemented over the weekend, including at the Highway 13 and 40 interchange. This sector should be avoided when possible.
The Ministère and its partners recommend that road users plan their travel and choose carpooling and public transit whenever possible. Several measures favouring public transit have been implemented since 2011 to reduce the Turcot construction project’s effects on traffic.
Interchange 13 / 40 – Friday 11:00 p.m. to Monday 5:00 a.m.
- Complete closure of Highway 40 EAST (Exit 60) and the eastbound service lane in the interchange area
Note: Henri-Bourassa Boulevard entrance closed (to Hwy-40 EAST) starting at 10:30 p.m.
- Complete closure of Highway 40 WEST (Exit 60) and the westbound service lane in the interchange area
Note: Côte-Vertu Boulevard entrance closed starting at 10:30 p.m.
- Complete closure of Highway 13 SOUTH between Exit 6 (Hwy-40, Vaudreuil-Dorion / Ottawa, Quebec) and the entrance to Hwy-40 EAST
Note: Henri-Bourassa Boulevard entrance closed (to Hwy-13 SOUTH) starting at 10:30 p.m.
- Closure of ramp from Hwy-13 NORTH to Hwy-40 WEST and service road
Turcot project – Friday, 11:59 p.m. to Monday 5:00 a.m
- Closure of Exit 2 (Avenue Atwater) on R-136 / Hwy-720 EAST
Réseau express métropolitain – REM
- Complete closure of Hwy-10 EAST (from Eastern Townships) between Exit 6 (R-132, La Prairie, Longueuil) and the Taschereau Boulevard entrance, according to the following schedule:
- Friday, 10:00 p.m. to Saturday, 8:00 a.m.
- Saturday, 11:59 p.m. to Sunday 8:00 a.m.
Detour: On exit, via ramp to R-132 WEST, continue to Matte Boulevard and Taschereau Boulevard.
- Partial closure (two of the three lanes) between Exit 6 (R-132, La Prairie, Longueuil) and the Taschereau Boulevard entrance on Saturday, from 8:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m.
Note: Risk of traffic congestion during the day – plan your travel. Work managed by CDPQ Infra. For more information, please visit REM.info.
- Default closure of R-132 EAST and WEST ramps to Hwy-10 EAST (to Sherbrooke), Friday, 9:30 p.m. to Sunday, 8:00 a.m.
Detour: Westbound road users continue on Marie-Victorin Boulevard West, R-132 WEST, then take Exit 50 to Matte Boulevard and Taschereau Boulevard. Eastbound road users continue on Marie-Victorin Boulevard to Simard Boulevard, turn around, R-132 WEST, then follow the previous detour.